This guide teaches how to cancel PlayStation plus subscription in a hassle-free way.
PlayStation Plus is one of the most important services that Sony provides to its players. You must subscribe to the service if you want to play a game online or gain access to some free games every month, as well as discounts on some of the best PS4 and PS5 games.
However, if you are a subscriber to the program and decide to cancel it, the process is simple and painless.
How to cancel PlayStation Plus subscription on your console
Canceling your PlayStation Plus subscription is simple, regardless of the console or device you’re using. If you’re using a PlayStation 4 or a PlayStation 5, go to your account information page. You can then simply turn off the auto-renewal function or cancel the service, and you’re done. Follow the below steps to cancel your PlayStation Plus subscription on your PS4 or PS5:
- Step 1: Navigate to the Settings app on your PlayStation 4 or 5 console from the dashboard.
- Step 2: On the PlayStation 5, scroll down to Users and Accounts, or Account Management on the PlayStation 4.
- Step 3: Turn off auto-renewal or cancel PlayStation Plus by going to the Subscriptions page in your account information menu.
Another method of canceling PlayStation Plus
- Log on to Sony’s website and sign in to your Account
- Select “Subscription”, which can be found in the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Select “Turn Off Auto-Renewal” besides the subscription you want to cancel.
What happens after you cancel your PS Plus subscription?
It’s important to note that, while PlayStation Plus isn’t required to play games on your PlayStation consoles, it does provide several advantages.
As a result, canceling your subscription will result in the loss of some items, including:
- Denial of access to your free PlayStation Plus games: PlayStation Plus games are usually distributed once a month and can be downloaded to your library for free.
So, canceling your subscription means you’ll no longer be able to play the games.
However, if you re-subscribe to the service, you will be able to play them again.
- Losing online play access to some games: While there are currently a few games that do not require PlayStation Plus to play online, there are many others that do. If you cancel PlayStation Plus, you will be unable to play a large number of online games.
- Loss of cloud access to save files: One of the most significant advantages of PlayStation Plus is its cloud save storage, which allows players to store content digitally and move it from console to console. If you cancel your PlayStation Plus subscription, you will no longer have that option and will be limited to what is stored on your console.